What is CE mark?1 February 2023
Fitness Equipment Safety on imports from China1 February 2023
We provide logistics services to online retailers in Europe: Amazon FBA prep, processing FBA removal orders, forwarding to Fulfillment Centers - both FBA and Vendor shipments.
CE marking is required for a wide range of products sold in the European Union (EU). Some of the product categories that typically require CE marking include:
- Machinery: Any machinery used in the EU must be CE marked, regardless of whether it was manufactured inside or outside of the EU.
- Electrical and electronic equipment: This includes a wide range of products such as appliances, IT equipment, and telecoms equipment.
- Personal protective equipment: Products such as safety helmets, gloves, and eye protection must be CE marked to indicate compliance with EU safety standards.
- Medical devices: All medical devices intended for sale in the EU must be CE marked, including products such as diagnostic equipment, implants, and in vitro diagnostic devices.
- Construction products: Products used in the construction industry such as insulation materials, doors, and windows must be CE marked.
- Toys: All toys intended for sale in the EU must be CE marked to demonstrate compliance with EU safety standards.
- Pressure equipment: Products such as boilers and gas cylinders must be CE marked to indicate compliance with EU safety and health regulations.
This is not an exhaustive list, and the specific requirements will depend on the EU directive(s) that apply to the product in question. If a product falls within the scope of one of the New Approach Directives, then it must be CE marked before it can be sold in the EU.